In the Name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.
“O believers, when the call is proclaimed for the prayer on Friday, come to the remembrance of Allah and leave off business, that is better for you if you but did know.” [Al-Jumuah, 62:9]
Etiquette of the day of Jumuah:
- Purifying and cleaning oneself
- Dressing well for Salat-al-Jumuah
- Reciting Surah al-Kahf
- Going early to the Masjid
- Going to the Masjid in a state of calmness and not being hurried.
- Walking to the Masjid whenever feasible as there is a reward for every step taken to the Masjid.
- Avoiding stepping over people to get to a particular spot in the Masjid.
- Avoiding dividing two people who are sitting together.
- Performing tahiyyat al-Masjid (The prayer of greeting the Musjid)
- Sitting in the front rows and close to the Imam whenever possible.
- Reciting Durood upon Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)
- Remaining quiet while the Imam is delivering the Khutbah. This actually includes listening to the Imam and not playing with anything while the Imam is speaking.