In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.
Ramadhan 2013 is fast approaching and with only a few days to go, it’s time to consider a few Lifestyle Optimisation Strategies. Clear up the clutter now so you can take advantage of every opportunity during the month of Ramadhan.
- Make up previous year’s missed fasts / Pay Fidyah, etc. depending on your circumstances
- Read Quran – if possible, complete your current recitation and begin a new one in the month of Ramadhaan
- Get a good sleep cycle going so you can handle waking up for Suhoor/Sehri
- Go easy on socialising and social media so you can avoid unnecessary talk/chat, etc
- Limit the amount of Entertainment/Television/Gaming, etc
- Plan your meals early – Ramadhaan is not just about food but since we need to eat and drink, plan your menu in advance and make all necessary preparations so you don’t waste time in the kitchen.
- Shop now – get your shopping done early, stock up on groceries and your Eid clothes too so you’re not frequenting the shops when you can be benefiting from the virtue of this auspicious month.
It’s been a year since the last Ramadhan, take this opportunity to get into the Ramadhan zone so you don’t waste valuable time trying to find your feet. Prepare early, prepare well and get ready for the month of Mercy.
Over the years I’ve realized how Ramadhan preparation changes with our circumstances. Ramadhan as a child with my family, then as a teenager, as a husband with my wife, as a new father, this year with a toddler… It’s a good feeling!
May Allah extend our lives so we may witness the month of Ramadhan InshaAllah.