In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.
Ramadan 2014 is fast approaching and with only a few weeks to go, it’s time to re-visit a few Lifestyle Optimisation Strategies. Clear up the clutter now so you can take advantage of every opportunity during the month of Ramadan.
- Make up previous year’s missed fasts / Pay Fidyah, etc. depending on your circumstances
- Take advantage of fasting during the month of Sha’ban
- Recite Quran – if possible, complete your current recitation and begin a new one in the month of Ramadan
- Get a good sleep cycle going so you can handle waking up for Suhoor/Sehri
- Go easy on socialising and social media so you can avoid unnecessary talk/chat, etc – something I need to work on this In Sha Allah.
- Limit the amount of Entertainment/Television/Gaming, etc
- Plan your meals early – Ramadan is not just about food but since we need to eat and drink, plan your menu in advance and make all necessary preparations so you don’t waste time in the kitchen. My wife’s in charge of this department and I’m sure she’ll be sharing some of her Ramadan recipes on ModestMunchies.com
- Shop now – get your shopping done early, stock up on groceries and your Eid clothes too so you’re not frequenting the shops when you can be benefiting from the virtue of this auspicious month.
It’s been a year since the last Ramadan, take this opportunity to get back into the zone so you don’t waste valuable time trying to find your feet. Prepare early, prepare well and get ready for the month of Mercy.
Over the years I’ve observed how Ramadan preparation changes with our circumstances. Ramadan as a child with my family, then as a teenager, as a husband with my wife, as a new father, last year with a toddler, this year with my 4 month old daughter…Alhamdulillah.
Circumstances often change but the yearning for Allah’s mercy remains and continues to grow. This is also from the blessings of Ramadan.
May Allah extend our lives so we may witness the month of Ramadan In Sha Allah.
Pingback: · meem · – Ramadhaan Preparation – Spirituality through a Practical Lens